There's a new paradigm in valuing stocks and bonds. The change in the relative value of stocks versus bonds – the two primary investments in a diversified portfolio -- has major implications for strategic retirement investors. Here's what's happening.
The commemoration of 9/11 and pullout of U.S. troops from Afghanistan marked the passing of 20 difficult years. Historians will debate the lessons to be drawn from this tumultuous time for decades to come. For investors, however, a crucial investment lesson to be drawn is clear: In the past 20 years, amid the tumult and difficulties, broadly diversifying paid off, and quite convincingly at that!
An income tax hike is widely expected, but the important question is how it would affect your personal situation. Here’s help in understanding and planning for the expected change in tax brackets.
Year-end tax planning is more important than usual because it occurs concurrently with a turning point in U.S. tax policy. For the first time in 40 years, taxes on income and wealth transfers are headed higher.
Tax law and estate planning might bore you to death, but this brief tip could make a life-changing financial difference to your surviving spouse, and other loved ones, including disabled and chronically ill family or friends, as well any minor children in your life.
Here's a retirement planning alert built for current financial economic circumstances - an explanation of the current situation followed by a timely and high-value retirement investing tip.
For the five years through June 30, U.S. stocks were the No. 1 performing investment of major securities indexes! The S&P 500 index more than doubled in value, despite the pandemic! Remarkably, U.S. stocks were No. 1, not only for this five-year period through June 30, 2021, but for the past FIVE five-year periods ended June 30! And today the S&P 500 closed at a record high!
If you suffer from financial fear and anxiety, talking about it is likely to help.
The most important measure of the financial strength of the United States is the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index. It’s widely watched but constantly surprising.
- Read More
Family Finance more
- Negative Real Returns On Bonds Changes The Asset Valuation Paradigm
- 2021 Year End Tax Planning: Higher Stakes And More Confusing Than Ever
- Making A Life-Changing Financial Difference To A Spouse And Needy Loved Ones
Estate Planning more
- A Crucial Investment Lesson From A Difficult 20 Years
- As S&P 500 Closes At All-Time High Again, It’s A Great Time For A Crisis Plan
- Stocks Averaged A 7.35% Premium Annually Over T-Bills For Past Two Decades
- Is The Expected Income Tax Hike Going To Affect You?
- A Tax And Financial Planning Opportunity Is Closing
- Two Observations That May Make Higher Taxes Easier To Bear
- John Oliver's Economic Analysis Is No Joke
- Viewing Financial News Through The Long Lens Of History
- Test Your Knowledge Of Urgent Wealth Management Issues
- New Identity Fraud Tactic Targets Amazon Prime Users
- Higher-Paying Job May End Up Costing You
- Want to Know How To Bid At An Auction? Here Are 10 Tips
- New Covid Aid Law Waives 10% Penalty On Pre-59½ Retirement Plan Withdrawals
- Last Chance In 2019 For Pre-Retired Professionals & Biz Owners
- Navigating Required Minimum Distributions
Managing Your Business more
- What Business Owners Need To Know About The New Aid Package
- How To Sell Your Small Business And Pay No Taxes
- Six Tips To Avoid Phishing Scams
- Study: Wall Street's Tactical Methodology Isn't Working
- Staying Realistic About Investing Amid Volatile Market Swings
- How To Swap Real Estate And Defer Taxes, Maybe Forever